Application - Basriket, Holy Paladin

Hi there!

I played in open beta through 2010 when college ended and career took over. Ten years later, I’m able to jump back in as space in life with career and family has opened up. When I stopped playing in 2010, I was on Blackrock (Pixelate, holy paladin) and it was a high population server. Upon returning, I found the server dead, no old guild members playing, and no guilds that seemed worth joining. I looked around to find a new West coast server with an active alliance population. Proudmoore fit the bill. I looked through the guilds on Proudmoore whose raid schedule could match my family’s schedule. Evolved fit the bill. I looked at how Evolved values its members and their members’ time outside of the game. Again, Evolved fit the bill. I’ve transferred to Proudmoore and hope to continue my love of the game with Evolved.

My WoW experience is 99.99% holy paladin. I was a hardcore raider doing all of the end game content that consisted of far too many long raids multiple days each week. And between raids I was doing what was needed to prep for those raids. And between all that I was doing PvP. So far I’ve leveled back to 60 as a protection paladin and have no idea what to do with end game content. I’m back to holy and plan stay with it. While the game is still familiar, enough has changed that I’ll need some guidance. I’m hoping to get back to raiding with some PvP on the side, just not at the level of time commitment I had before. I look forward to an opportunity to join Evolved and its community!

Armory

Welcome, it’s great to see you want to get back into the game with us. We take all levels of commitment so we should be a fit that allows you to see a bit of everything that you are interested in.

You’ll just need to get set up on discord and link your account with the jedbot to the forums so we can finish processing you in. From there you can ping an officer in discord, ask in game, or use the guildfinder in game so we can match you up and get your invite out.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Hello Pixelate!
Welcome back to the game. there have been some changes since you left for sure. End game contecnt tends to fall in a few directions depending on your preferences. PvE: raids and mythic keystone dungeons. PvP: arena and BGs. Collectors: transmogs, mounts, pets, running old instances farming that 1 darn mount (looking at you Invincible). Then there’s always playing goblin and playing the auction house. If you enjoyed the group play like raids, but need something shorter time-wise and flexible for schedule, look at running mythic keystone dungeons (called keys for short). Great fun for a 5 man group with increasing difficulty and rewards. In Evolved, we run them ALL.THE.TIME. There is a learning curve. The mechanics become so much more important to know and understand for each of the 8 dungeons. Hpally is in a great spot at the moment. They are great in both raids and keys. I’m not in the know about PvP, but I see our regular PvP friends on their pallys often.

As far as raids, we have team raids scheduled 3 days a week (Tues, Fri, and Sat), and Open Raid scheduled on Sunday. Open raid is open to any guild member that meets the minimum requirements. Team raid is something signed up for and assigned to a team. We are running four 30 man raid teams at the moment with a waitlist. You are not required to attend all 3 days to raid, but we tend to assign tank / healer spots to people that can consistently make raid nights. The waitlist backfills open spots from absences and fills team spots as current players leave to pursue other content. This is the first time we have EVER had a waitlist for raiding. We just don’t have the leadership to start a 5th raid team.

As far as getting into Evolved, here isn’t an application process to join, so you are ready for an invite. We love finding new guildies and building up our community. Let us know if you have any questions!

To help you get started:

Discord link: https://discord.com/invite/XSnHUuV

To setup discord:

1. go to the #jedbot-authentication channel
  2. use these commands to align your discord account with your forum name and unlock the server:
    .iam Pixelate
    .setrole WoW-A

Guild Invite:

1. you can use the in game guild finder. Make sure to just note your forum name from here “Pixelate” at the beginning of the note
  2. you can use “/who evolved” and ask an online member to point you to an officer for invite
  3. ask in discord. In discord after you do the above setup, scroll WAYYYYYY down to the WoW-A area. You can go to WoW-A Chat and @WoW-A Officer to ask for an invite to the guild. We’ll need your in game name and forum name for invite.

New member info: WoW-A New Member Guide

IGN: Meddah-Proudmoore

Hello and Welcome to Evolved! We are glad to have you join our community! Make sure to reach out if you have any questions!

Look forward to seeing you in game! :smiley: