Application to Join - Cahill

Gooooood morning/afternoon/evening!

I’ve come back to the game recently and I’ve found that all my previous “homes” are now smoldering piles of rubble. So what better time to take a look at what’s around?

I’ve been playing WoW pretty well since launch. I traditionally take one “break” every expansion and come back strong for the next. The only one I sat out of altogether was BFA. One free weekend tryout was enough to scare the crap out of me so that was the end of that.

I’m mainly looking to raid and do Mythic+ with people I can call “friend”. Though I main a mage, I’ve been in every role and am not opposed to shifting around as needed. Melee scares me if I don’t have a giant health bar or a shield, but I never shy away from a challenge.

I’ve raided at pretty much every level, varying throughout the expansions. I’ve seen Naxxramas in Vanilla, but never killed as much as Prince Malchezaar in BC. I’ve killed Arthas without too big an ICC buff, but got stuck on Ultraxion. And so on and so forth. I’ve also managed a few ultimate fights in FFXIV.

My current character is Aloysius on Silvermoon. Transfers are not an issue, I’ve got gold to spare. If a raid team is actively looking, I can also faction change if necessary.

Any questions, or if I did this application thing wrong, please let me know!

Battletag: Cahill#11580
Discord: Cahill#1229

Welcome back! Registering on the forums gets you setup so you can finish applying on discord. You should be sent the details to get setup on our discord, but if not let us know and we can help you finish linking everything. Then we can either get an invite sent in game or use the in game guild finder and just mention your discord/forum name so an officer can shoot you an invite once one of us is in game.

We are pretty much a play what you want type of guild so don’t expect anybody to dictate what class you’d play. Up to you if you want to start from scratch and get a feel for the environment or transfer over and go all in. We’re here either way and look forward to getting to know you.

Hey there Cahill :slight_smile: Welcome to Evolved! If you want to raid with us on your Aloysius toon, you will need to transfer it - and as long as it’s already Alliance, you shouldn’t need to faction change lol (though we do have a Horde guild on Area 52 if that’s more what you’re looking for).

Welcome back to WoW and it’s always hard when our old game homes fall apart while we’re gone. I hope you’ll find a new gaming family with us.

Here’s a bit of info to help get you started:

Discord link: https://discord.com/invite/XSnHUuV

To setup discord:

1. go to the #jedbot-authentication channel
  2. use these commands to align your discord account with your forum name and unlock the server:
    .iam Cahill
  3. Then go to the #jedbot-reaction-roles channel to choose your roles - this will allow you to get notified anytime we @mention that role/group.

Guild Invite:

1. You can use the in game guild finder. Make sure to just note your forum name from here “Cahill”
  2. You can use “/who evolved” and ask an online member to point you to an officer for invite
  3. Ask in discord. In discord after you do the above setup, scroll WAYYYYYY down to the WoW-A area. You can go to WoW-A Chat and @WoW-A Officer to ask for an invite to the guild. We’ll need your in game name and forum name for invite.

New member info: WoW-A New Member Guide

Looking forward to getting to know you! Welcome to the fam.

Isi

Thanks for the replies!

Could you expand a bit on why Horde on Area 52 might be more what I’m looking for?
Is it worth putting in a post over there as well?

Didn’t say it was lol you mentioned faction changing to join us, which wouldn’t be needed if you were Alliance :slight_smile: So just pointing out that there is a Horde guild as well if you were looking to stay Horde :wink:

Ah ok! Poor choice of words on my part. I’m already alliance so that would spare my coinpurse a little bit. It was more of a general “whatever raid team has an open spot, Horde or Alliance, I’ll jump in either direction” kind of statement.