Crowfall

Wondering if anyone has played this in beta or alpha?

I’ve been looking at it for awhile and it has peaked my interest but I’m not sure about it.

WHAT GENRE OF GAME IS CROWFALL®?

Crowfall is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), a game that is played online in a persistent, shared environment with thousands (and thousands, and thousands…) of other players.

Crowfall is a unique flavor of MMO, something we like to call “a throne war simulator”. It has elements in common with strategy games, political simulators, survival games… and a few elements that don’t really exist anywhere else.

WHAT ARE THE CAMERA AND CONTROL INTERFACE LIKE?

Crowfall has a third-person (over the shoulder) view with mouse and keyboard controls. In this particular area, we are similar to many traditional MMOs

WHAT IS THE PRICING MODEL FOR CROWFALL?

Crowfall is a “buy once, play forever” game. This means that once you’ve purchased the game (retail price of USD $50), you can then play for the life of the game without making additional purchases!

While we also offer VIP membership and an online shop where you can buy cosmetic items and buildings for your Eternal Kingdom, both are completely optional and will not affect your ability to play and enjoy the game.

HOW DOES COMBAT FEEL IN CROWFALL?

In deciding what we wanted combat to look and feel like, we drew a lot of our inspiration from other recent MMOs. We love the idea of action-combat – but we have to make sure the game doesn’t get too “twitchy” (i.e. require lightning fast reflexes or too much button-mashing).

Crowfall combat has elements that include a variety of systems. Movement alone has sprinting, dodges, powers and items that modify speed, and double jumping. Components of the powers system include combo attacks that have short “locked” animation sequences – chains that you can opt to continue or break. Stealth and anti-stealth figure heavily into battlefield strategy, and this all combines with a system that supports player collision.

The result is that combat sequences look more fluid, feel more visceral, and require more tactical thinking.

WHAT ARE THE CAMPAIGNS?

A “Campaign” is like a traditional MMO “realm” or “server”, with a few key differences:

• A Campaign is made up of multiple floating islands connected by runegates. Each island is up to 5,120m by 5,120m in size.
  • Each of these floating islands will have a unique map . That’s right – the fields, mountains, canyons, forests, rivers, and the ruins of fallen cities and castles are unique to every island in every Campaign.
  • Characters are NOT locked permanently to a Campaign, because…
  • Campaigns don’t last forever! Like any good strategy game, the Campaign has a distinct beginning and end.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/index.html

Good video on the beginning levels. The fact that it takes an hour and a half to get to max level means you can play around and figure out exactly what type of character suits you.

Eternal Kingdoms

HOW DO I GET AN ETERNAL KINGDOM?
Every account is granted an Eternal Kingdom. They start as mini-worlds that players can grow and customize with different parcels of land, buildings, and relics.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF AN ETERNAL KINGDOM, AND WHY DO I WANT ONE?
Eternal Kingdoms (often shortened to EKs) are the only player-owned, permanent worlds. You are the monarch of your Kingdom! You can design your world, build cities and towns, and recruit other players to live there. Fill your world with marketplaces, areas to host fights, and places for your vassals to explore and adventure.

HOW DOES AN ETERNAL KINGDOM DIFFER FROM CAMPAIGN WORLDS AND GOD’S REACH?
Eternal Kingdoms start with a small amount of land and no buildings. If you want to upgrade them, it will take time and resources to do so.
Low tier resources can be found in the Kingdoms themselves. Higher tier (and higher quantities of) resources are only found in the God’s Reach and Campaign worlds. That means to grow your Kingdom, you’ll have to either brave the outlying worlds or trade with the players that do.

HOW ARE ETERNAL KINGDOMS LAID OUT, AND HOW BIG ARE THEY?
Eternal Kingdoms can be very large! The map of every Kingdom is divided into a square grid that you can fill with parcels. Each parcel is made up of cells, and each cell measures 128m by 128m. Every Eternal Kingdom can currently be up to 20 cells by 20 cells, making for a total area of 6,553,600m²!
Additionally, we expect these to hold hundreds of concurrent players.

WHAT ARE PARCELS?
Parcels are sections of land that players can place in their Eternal Kingdoms. Since the Kickstarter days, we have referred to them as Tetris pieces because, well, they look like Tetris pieces. Parcels cannot overlap, but they can be moved, rotated, or transferred between EKs, so placing them is not a permanent decision.

HOW CAN I BUILD OUT MY ETERNAL KINGDOM?

Eternal Kingdoms start with a Temple parcel. Temples are one-cell parcels that contain a huge golden statue where you respawn if you die in a Kingdom. You cannot place buildings on the Temple parcel, but they will spawn some harvestable resources. To add more parcels to your Kingdom, you can craft them using Geomancy recipes, trade with other players, or buy them from the Crowfall Store. You then use the Kingdom Builder tool to place these parcels.

HOW DO I REDEEM MY PURCHASED ITEMS?
To redeem items purchased from the Crowfall Store into the game world, log into your Crowfall game account and then click on “Purchases” in the lobby. There you can choose the items you want to import into your Spirit Bank by clicking the boxes beside each item you want, then clicking “Import Selected”.

[
HOW DO I PLACE MY PARCELS AND BUILDINGS?
To use your parcels and buildings, make sure that any purchases have already been imported into your Spirit Bank from the Lobby screen as described above, then follow these steps:

1. In your Eternal Kingdom, hit B to open your Spirit Bank. Your Inventory will also open on the right hand side of the screen.
  2. Drag items from your Spirit Bank to your Inventory.
  3. To place parcels :
  • Hit ESC and select EDIT KINGDOM from the menu.
  • Drag parcels from the inventory list at the bottom of the screen onto the EK grid.
  • Hit SUBMIT to save changes. Your Kingdom will immediately have the changes applied.
  1. To place buildings , walls, and towers :
  • Hit I to open your inventory
  • Right click icons in your inventory that you want to drop. This will bring up a ghost image of the item.
  • The color of the ghosted building will tell you if the current placement is valid (or not).
    • Red transparency = Invalid placement. Cannot use left-click to place the item here.
    • Blue transparency = Valid placement. Left click will place the item here.
    • Gold transparency = Valid placement. Left-click will place the item here, AND “socket” it to connected asset seamlessly.
  • Left click to place the item.
  • Hold G to ‘loot’ (reclaim) pieces that have been placed.
    Be aware when placing buildings that each parcel has a weight limit. Smaller parcels will hold a smaller number of assets and, naturally, the inverse will also be true. These are indicated by tokens. The number of available tokens on a particular parcel are listed just above your inventory.
    ](https://crowfall.com/en-US/faq/eternal-kingdoms/2fHVoyBnveayEaEcea0UqI)

CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PARCELS? HOW BIG ARE THEY? WHAT DO THEY DO?
We currently have two types of parcels: stronghold and resource. In the future we plan to add additional options like roads and adventure parcels.
Stronghold parcels allow you to build cities and castles like a fort, keep, castle, mountain citadel, or an imperial palace. The parcel will also include some natural elements like trees, rocks, and rivers. They are intended to act as housing and marketplace areas. In many cases, friends and guilds will combine their houses and collaborate to build cities.
Resource parcels are available as a woodland grove, woodland hills, or woodland creek, they offer harvestable resources like wood from trees, stone from rocks, and ore from mineral deposits. Players will also be able to drop some props and decorative elements onto these areas, but resource parcels are generally not intended for building placement.

WHY WOULD I WANT STRONGHOLD PARCELS IN MY KINGDOM?
Having stronghold parcels is valuable to any monarch, especially one who is trying to build a mercantile empire, because it offers very efficient use of available space and allows for the placement of buildings which hold vendors and crafting tables. All of this equates to a more popular Kingdom and increased commerce.

ARE ALL OF THE STRONGHOLD PARCELS THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE?
No. There is a progression of stronghold parcels that determines the number and size of buildings that particular parcel can hold.
The progression is: Farm, Estate, Hamlet, Shire, Village, Town, Fief, City, Capital, Province, and Caldera. For each of these types, there are three ranks. Each rank of a given type will fit within the same footprint so that you can upgrade parcels without having to rearrange your world.

CAN I UPGRADE MY STRONGHOLD PARCELS?
Upgrades allow you to change a small or medium parcel into a larger parcel of the same type. If you upgrade to a medium, your parcel will gain more building capacity. It also upgrades cosmetically.

CAN I OWN MULTIPLE STRONGHOLD PARCELS?

Yes, you can have as many parcels as you can fit in your 20 x 20 EK.

We also support collaboration on Kingdoms so that friends and guilds can work together to build one collective EK. For more information on that, read the Fealty FAQ.

[
WHAT DO BUILDINGS DO?
Buildings serve many purposes. They can…

CAN BUILDINGS BE DECORATED AND CUSTOMIZED?
They can! By using the resources and materials found in the campaigns, players will be able to decorate their buildings, customize them with different building materials, and install crafting stations.

WILL A BIG KINGDOM BENEFIT ME IN THE CAMPAIGN WORLDS?
No. The Campaign worlds all have import rules that severely limit the number of items that can be brought into the world. Having a larger, more developed EK will not directly impact the game balance within the Campaigns.

WHAT IS FEALTY?

The fealty system encompasses a series of ranks that can give other people the ability to place parcels, buildings, crafting stations, and more in your Kingdom. For more information, read the Fealty FAQ.

CAN I OPEN (OR CLOSE) MY KINGDOM? CAN I TURN ON PVP?
Yes, Kingdoms can be made PUBLIC (open to all players) or PRIVATE (limited to only the players that you invite). To toggle these settings in your EK, hit ESCAPE to open the settings menu. Go to “Edit Kingdom” and you will see the option to set your Kingdom to public or private. You’ll also see an option here to turn PvP on or off.
Players who want to create a marketplace (or social hub) will want to set their EKs to Public and create one or more attractive, easy to navigate marketplaces to attract other players.

IS THERE AN UPKEEP COST ON THE LAND OR BUILDINGS?
Yes, but this is still in the works. Parcels and buildings will have recurring maintenance costs and/or taxes.

I GOT REWARDS FROM A PLEDGE PACKAGE. IF I USE THEM NOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM WHEN THE GAME GOES LIVE?
Of course you’ll still retain your rewards! If there is a server wipe, your rewards will be reset, and you can re-import them from the lobby the next time you log in.

1 Like