Evolved Book Club

Interested in taking part in a book club with your Evolved Family? Please take the time to fill out this survey so we can see how many people are interested. If you have any questions, please reach out to Star on Discord or the forums anytime!!

I’ll update this forum post with more info as things get organized and we have more information :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We had over 11 people express interest in this fun idea so yay!

I am currently working on finalizing a bit of information and ideas and then I will be setting up a meeting with all of us to get this started.

I’ll make sure to announce the meeting date in this thread as well as on Discord. If you can’t make the meeting, don’t worry you can always meet with me later and there will be notes posted about it!

2 Likes

didn’t do the survey (slacker) but i am interested :smiley:

Please take the time to fill out this short survey if you are at all interested in participating in the Evolved Book Club. This will help me finalize all the details so we can get started! I will be closing the survey this Monday 6/15 and will post the results after that.

The hope is to have us reading our first book by the beginning of July! If you have any questions, please reach out to me!

3 Likes

Book Club Results are in! And the rules we voted on are…

1. Frequency: We will be starting a new book each month. Goal is to start around the first of each month to make it easy!
  2. Genre: Top 3 Genre’s are Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Mystery/Thriller so lets try and stick with those for now. We may decide to switch things up later on though :slight_smile:
  3. Book Length: There wasn’t a clear winner for this, but try and keep it to a reasonable length someone busy can finish in a month. If you are not sure if the book is too long, feel free to ask!
  4. Book Choice: Everyone participating will submit a book and we will vote on it. We will read the winning book!
  5. Discussions: We will set weekly goals and meet to talk each week. If you are busy, or can’t make it that is ok :slight_smile: We will aim to have some via Discord voice chatting as well as Goodreads discussion threads for those that can’t make the meeting.
  6. Goodreads: Since everyone voted yes or maybe, I have set up a community on Goodreads.com for us to use to help with book discussions. It’s free to make an account and if you have any questions about it, ask me! Link to Evolved’s Goodreads Bookclub Group
  7. No books in series unless its the first of a series. Someone brought up about not wanting to play catch up in a series and I think its a very good point!
  8. We had numerous people that expressed not having much interest in reading Romance novels so lets keep that in mind for our book choice! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since this is a new project in Evolved, we may find we need to adjust things as we go. I am always open to suggestions and feedback on ways to improve things, so feel free to reach out to me at anytime! Hopefully we have some fun with this and get some time to enjoy some great books!

Please message me on Discord the name of the book/author you wish for us to read by 6/22 so we can get the poll up for our first book! Also try and get registered and join the Goodreads group since I’d like to use the polling on there to vote for our first book!

[Join Evolved’s Goodreads Bookclub Group!](https://www.goodreads.com/group/invite/1099179-evolved-gaming?invite_token=NTRiNTEyZjItYWE1ZC00YzdiLWJjYzItMTJjMjQ4YzYzYWE4&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copypastegroup

2 Likes

The poll for the first book we will be reading starting in July is up in our Goodreads Community. Its not too late to join in on the fun! Join us, vote for the winning book, and take part in the enjoyment of a good book!

Hi Star,

I know I am a few months behind but the Evolved Bookclub Group link says it’s invalid. Wasn’t sure if it’s because it’s from July. Thanks!

Borders/Jeff

Hey Borders! Sorry forgot the link only lasted for 30 days. Updating the link now and I’ll send it to you on Discord too to make it easier.