Evolved Meetup 2019 Info Thread

This is where I will collect all information regarding the meetup into a single location so everyone can have an easy time locating it.

The Details

• Scheduled Dates: Thursday, May 30 - Monday, June 3, 2019
  • Main Lodge: This is a link to the property details. The address is 5975 W Quail Avenue, Spring Valley, NV - No pets on premises, but smoking is allowed in designated areas.
  • Main Lodge Rates: $44/person/night, assuming we have 24 people staying in the Main Lodge. If we have less than 21 people, we get a $300 discount, so it would be $49.34/person/night - Some allowances will be made if you are bunking with someone else (who isn’t part of your party), or sleeping on a blowup mattress

Important to note: Because the Main Lodge will be the central gathering spot, and because we have over 20 people signed up to stay in the Main Lodge, you should be aware that this will be a noisy location full of people and things happening. We also have plenty of night owls staying on location, so expect indoor noise in the wee hours of the morning. There will also be drinking as the vast majority of us are over the age of 21. It is not recommended that you plan on staying at the Main Lodge if you have minors, but use your own discretion.

Also important to note: You need to PayPal me your portion of your stay by March 1, 2019 or you will forfeit your stay in the Main Lodge. My email address for this is: juliedsnapp@gmail.com

• The Itinerary:

• Thursday Evening - Those of us who meet early will grab supper together somewhere TBD
    • Friday Morning - TBD
    • Friday Afternoon - TBD
    • Friday Supper - TBD
    • Saturday Morning - TBD
    • Saturday Afternoon - TBD
    • Saturday Supper - TBD
    • Sunday Morning - Those of us staying in the main lodge will clean up and prepare to check out. We may all try to grab breakfast/brunch before leaving.
  • We will tentatively set up a LAN party.

Currently, the list of folks staying in the Main Lodge are as follows:

Name # Attending
Origin 1
Swim 2
Priest 2
Cata 2
Grimmie 3
Seph 2
Aynuriel 1
Tyramane 2
Araxien 1
Isilaura 2
The Burtons 2
Flap 1
Didy 1
Isky 1

There are 10 private bedrooms on the property, several pullout sofas, and additional rooms where we could set you up more privately with an air mattress. We currently have room for 1 person, so long as you don’t mind either an air mattress, or a lack of privacy.

I don’t want to have a rigid itinerary. We’ll be on vacation after all and not everyone likes to constantly goGoGO. I will be coordinating any short day/evening trips around the area that people want to lead, and collecting said events into a calendar. Anyone who doesn’t wish to participate can A) do their own thing, B) get an impromptu group together to do something else, or C) hang out at the main lodge where there will undoubtedly be people present at any given time.

I want this to be fairly relaxed enough that people can enjoy themselves, no matter how much level of activity they desire on a vacation. The goal here is to attract as many guildies as possible so we can have fun together for a few days.

I have also started a Pinterest board with ideas and places to see/eat if anyone is into that sort of thing.

3 Likes

Myself and the Wife are looking at we might go to this event. But our one thought is what if members are bringing there kids along? Is there any events that will be conducted to bring kids?

There’s definitely family friendly stuff to do around Vegas. I’m not going to create a rigid itinerary, but I will collect together everything that people want to do into a calendar. That way, people can decide which events to attend.

WOW this is already night and day between “past” events! So stoked its NOT in the south!!

2 Likes

We’ll occasionally have some events in the South, but I want to do it somewhere different each year so more people are able to (and enthusiastic about) attend(ing)! :slight_smile:

Oh BTW, I am totally planning a (kid-friendly) trip to The Aquarium at Silverton to see the mermaids!

Sounds like fun. Can’t wait. =]

Yes this will be a blast. Will be there.

1 Like

Wish we could make the first trip, but eventually we will stop being poor.

Okay, so here is an idea on the hotel costs (assuming 1 room at a 3.5-4 star [rated on Traveolocity] hotel with 2 adults) for each weekend in June.

Thur, May 30-Mon, June 3 = $40/night to $200/night
Thur, June 6-Mon, Jun 10 = $40/night to $200/night *this is also Father’s Day weekend, so I wasn’t sure if people would want to be in Vegas for this
Thur, June 13-Mon, Jun 17 = $40/night to $200/night
Thur, June 20-Mon, Jun 24 = $40/night to $200/night
Thur, June 27-Mon, Jul 1 = $40/night to $220/night

So that said, I’m not sure how many people would be interested in going in with us on a bigger place to stay. We can get a really nice 3-5BR place for ~$300-500/night (for the whole thing, so assume ~$50/person). What I was thinking is that we could get something with a nice, large common area, maybe something with a pool, and that way it would be the central meetup spot for people to come and go as they please. If you’re interested in doing this, please let me know! If no one is interested, we can all try to get in the same hotel, or nearby hotels, and just meetup in the lobby or something, but I thought it might be nice to have a more private area to meet up in.

Oh this is going to be great

Some ideas for the kids.

https://www.discoverykidslv.org/

https://www.springspreserve.org/

https://lionhabitatranch.org/

http://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/

https://www.citynationalarenavegas.com/

1 Like

Updated with the official dates!

Updated with information on the Main Lodge and pricing. Please read and if you’re no longer interested in staying in the Main Lodge, let me know either here, or via Discord. Thanks!

Currently, the list of folks staying in the Main Lodge are as follows:

Name # Attending
Origin 1
Swim 2
Priest 2
Cata 2
Grimmie 3
Seph 2
Aynuriel 1
Tyramane 2
Araxien 1
Isilaura 2
The Burtons 2
Flap 1
Didy 1
Isky 1

Rigz and I want to lodge at the main house :slight_smile: We however will only be able to be there most likely Thursday Friday Saturday night.

1 Like

Unless something crazy happens Mokio and I will not be there :frowning: … But I will keep fingers crossed that we have crazyness happen

Main Lodge is officially downsized, and once I receive confirmation from the host, I will put the address up on here.

Soooo the thread won’t let me edit anymore, so here’s an update!

The following people are staying in the Main Lodge, we have no more room unfortunately.

Name # Attending
Swim 2
Grimmie 3
Isilaura 2
The Burtons 2
Coxworth 2
Soul 1
Rummu 1
Isky 1

Tae and I will be assembling a calendar of events soon. All events are 100% voluntary and you can pick and choose what you want to do. We won’t be having set group things for the most part, but we would love to have a guild meeting for everyone attending, as well as a guild BBQ with food provided.

What place are we staying at so I can show Mr Grimmie?

Also we will bring cards against humanity

We’re bringing Betrayal at House on the Hill, Hanabi, and maybe Pandemic Legacy so we can finally finish it.