Evolved Meetup 2020 Information Thread

As promised, here’s the thread with all the information in one easy-to-access place!

Who?: All Evolved guild members and their immediate families are welcome to attend! We have quite a few spouses who don’t play video games in attendance, so if your husband or wife thinks they’ll be left out, they most certainly won’t!
What?: Activity & Signup Sheet can be found in this handy dandy Google Doc Spreadsheet!
When?: May 28, 2020 - June 1, 2020
Where?: Orlando, FL
Why?: Because it’s a ton of fun to meet the people you talk to on the Internet every day!

Welcome to our second annual Evolved guild meetup! The location will change from year to year to allow more people a chance to attend. Whether you enjoy a nice, chill weekend, or a party every day, we’ve got something for you!

The schedule works like a Choose Your Own Adventure style vacation. Some people want to go to everything, and some people want to chill out at one of our two group lodges. Either way, our goal here is to make sure everyone has a great time!

Feel free to pick and choose what events you attend, but please make sure to sign up so we can get an accurate headcount for our Official Guild Meeting, Saturday, May 30, 2020. The guild meetup will include a fully catered lunch. Please note that you are responsible for your own meals outside of the guild lunch.

This year, we’re doing two different lodges, both located in Reunion Resort:

1. The Party Lodge 331 Muirfield Loop, Reunion, FL - What we found in Vegas last year is that people love to sit up until 3 AM visiting. Plenty of booze and snacks to go around here. It’s a party every night!

2. The Chill Lodge 331 Muirfield Loop, Reunion, FL - Far more chill than the Party Lodge, this is the lodge where people don’t sit up super late being loud. If you value sleep and quiet, this is a great option! Drinking will be allowed here, but it’s not going to be a crazy party every night.

Both lodges are within walking distance of one another, and anyone showing up for the meetup is welcome to come party with those of us staying at the lodges. We’ll have board games, snacks, and good company.

At this time, both lodges are fully booked. We do have waitlists, so if you’re interested in the Party Lodge, please PM JulieBurton on Discord, and if you prefer the Chill Lodge, please PM Taevarth on Discord.

If staying in a lodge isn’t your cup of tea, here’s a list of the top 10 hotels closest to Reunion Resort.

We do have several people renting vehicles to handle some of the transportation needs. They may not be able to accommodate everyone at all times, so please be aware and plan accordingly. If you need to schedule a pickup, please let me know when and where and I’ll try to arrange something for you in advance. Failing that, Uber and Lyft are both options available. We didn’t have anyone get stranded in Vegas, so I think we’ll do just fine in Florida.

If there are any questions you have that aren’t answered by the information in this thread, please don’t hesitate to send me a PM on Discord!

2 Likes

I have a question involving the chemical make-up of a certain hot beverage. :innocent:

Mission Chai Latte Vegas: Failure.
Mission Chai Latte Orlando: Accepted.

2 Likes

Chai Tea Latte :stuck_out_tongue:

Just an FYI at this point in time Mokio and I will be driving down so another available car for airport runs etc… Convertable so only 2 peeps maybe 3 if not a lot of luggage

1 Like

Sweet - the company I work for is headquartered in Orlando and I have to travel there every month - so I can schedule my travel to overlap so I can at least stop by and say hello in person :slight_smile:

1 Like