Greetings from Area 52!

Greetings everyone! I’d just like to introduce myself. My real name is Wesley or Wes. I go by either; however, all of my main played characters in-game are all named Andro or contain the name Andro in some form so as to always be identifiable. I have some alts with other names though that are less played. All of my characters are Horde except for one, and all of those are on Area 52.

My life of PC gaming and love for MMORPGs began with my freshman year of high school in 1999 with Dark Age of Camelot. I was instantly immersed in the world of realm versus realm PvP combat. I retired from Dark Age of Camelot and started playing World of Warcraft in 2007 near the end of TBC. During WotLK, I became a full-time raider with a guild called <Azeroth’s Most Deadly> on the Andorhal server. I made life-long friendships from then up until the guild began declining at the end of Cataclysm. I focused primarily on all forms of PvP throughout MoP.

On 10/30/2014, just before the WoD release, I was in a car accident that broke my neck.
This left me paralyzed from the shoulders down. I play WoW with a special controller called the QuadStick. Because of this disability, I’ve been treated very unfairly by many people within the WoW community. I’m not as efficient as my fellow gamers that have hands to play with. I’ve been kicked out of dozens of groups either because of my being somewhat less efficient or upon announcing my condition beforehand. This is not only unfortunate, it’s depressing, disappointing, and totally unfair for myself and others like me.

After reading about Evolved, I decided to join. I’ve been guildless for a long time, but after reading through the guild’s expectations, all I see is a new home and HOPE that I’ll never have to experience that kind of treatment ever again. I just want to experience everything I can with a family of understanding people.

If I can do anything to help with Ares 52 recruitment, please let me know!

My accident:
wreck

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the guild. Any asistance is welcomed… we are always looking for new members… just point them in the direction of the website.

We also have a Horde section of the forums as well.

Andro - thank you so much for sharing your story! Hopefully, this gaming community will be your final destination - we are all about community, teamwork and friendship/family first. Gaming is about the connections that we make! While I won’t be “seeing you” in game (i play ESO)… please consider me as allie as our community does not tolerate any of the experiences you mentioned above.

Welcome to Evolved!