Magnficat - Application to Join and/or Introduction

Not sure if I need to apply this way, all the automations seem to have gotten me signed up on the community website and discord. Still need that in-game invite, though. Trying to figure out who to ping after I realm transfer.

But, enough of that.

Hey folks, I’m Magnificat. Well, that’s my gaming name. Brennan in real life, no need to hide!

In WoW, my current “main” is SlackNHash, a beastly hunter. I’m actually pretty new to the beastmaster. I think this toon was a BfA level boost that I never really played after running it to 120 (no end game in BfA) until SL. I ran a marksman to 60 and then Torghast bosses convinced me to change to beastmaster for solo runs and I’m really enjoying it. So, for now this is my main.

I’m a bit of an altoholic, some countless alts on different realms since vanilla (2006??). That said, the first toon I leveled to 60 (the first time that was max :slight_smile:) was a lock and I’ve always maintained a lock at max level.

Right now, though, I’m digging this hunter.

I’ve been a gamer for decades now, regularly play several MMOs; ESO, GW2, a little FFXIV, Destiny 2. I had a long run with The Division 2, as well. Love those looter/shooters.

Despite all these other great games, though, I come back to WoW, the original, for each new expansion and SL is no different. I picked it up again in pre-patch and have been having a good time with the new content and playing.

My old guild, despite not booting me during my absence, has gone quiet (which is probably why I’m still in it :rofl:) and I’m looking for a new group of folks to run SL with. I’ve got a whole slew of Horde toons on A52 already and will probably be trying to join Evolved over there too, but I’m running Alliance right now.

I saw the recruitment post on reddit and thought it sounded like a good guild with good foundations so here I am.

I’m interested mostly in casual content, as real life intervenes enough that maximizing my ilvl, stats, and getting my rotations meta-perfect takes a bit too much attention. So professional-style raiding is not what I’m looking for. I am interested in running dungeons, regular content, and raids where I’m not judged on my fat fingers.

Mostly, though, I’m looking for a great group of people to have fun with while playing the game.

Let’s see… anything else? Well, nothing comes to mind although I’m sure I could go on forever. It’s already TL;'DR, so I’ll wrap it here.

I hope to see you all in-game.

Tchau,
Brennan (Magnificat, SlackNHash, Slackity, and a zillion other in-game names).

Hello Manificat / Brennan!!

I was reallyyy hoping you would be a druid… Magifi-cat… heh. We have a ton of druids and that would be a swanky feral name. I’ve been trying to switch from beastmaster to marks on my alt hunter myself. I hate it, MM that is. Running pets is so much easier for open world content, like WQs or Torghast for sure. I hear how much more dps MM does, but I just can’t get into the play. So I play what I like, and I like BM.

MANY of our guild members do not raid with us, and that is absolutely fine. The time invested is not for eveyone, and you need to play this the way you enjoy, it is a game after all. We have a large active guild with over 100 members online a night typically. Dungeons seems to be the go to activity for most evenings. We post in gchat when we are forming groups and need friends. WAY easier to group up this way than the group finder pug life as dps.

You are welcome to bring your alts in to the guild as well, but be aware we have a temp limit on alts. With the new expact we keep getting close to that max guild member cap. Currently you can have a max total of 5 characters in the guild (1 main + 4 alts). We have an another guild available to park alts if needed (Devolved) but the chat will not be so active for sure!

To help you get started:

Discord link: https://discord.com/invite/XSnHUuV

To setup discord:

1. go to the #jedbot-authentication channel
  2. use these commands to align your discord account with your forum name and unlock the server:
    .iam Magnificat
    .setrole WoW-A

Guild Invite:

1. you can use the in game guild finder. Make sure to just note your forum name from here “Magnificat”
  2. you can use “/who evolved” and ask an online member to point you to an officer for invite
  3. ask in discord. In discord after you do the above setup, scroll WAYYYYYY down to the WoW-A area. You can go to WoW-A Chat and @WoW-A Officer to ask for an invite to the guild. We’ll need your in game name and forum name for invite.

New member info: WoW-A New Member Guide

IGN: Meddah-Proudmoore