Sign-ups are now open. Reply to this post in the correct format (see below)
Hey everyone! It’s about that time we start thinking about how to approach Mythic SoD… It will still be “outside” of normal raiding since we are, after all, an AOTC guild. Since both groups are down to 2 night Heroic clears, it’s looking like the best option is to use Friday as a Mythic night for those interested and who meet the requirements we set forth for mythic raiding. Although we may not be a CE guild, we still want to set rather strict requirements to raid mythic so that we respect the time of all raiders present. We also want to get started on this as soon as possible, to get some attempts in before the holidays start.
We do plan to try to cycle people in as we can on the “easier” Mythic fights, to get more raiders exposure to Mythic. This may not happen immediately, but it is one of our goals.
Rules are subject to change, but are as follows:
- Must have been at Raider rank for at least 3 weeks before signing up for Mythic.
- Must make at least 1 of the 2 Heroic nights every week. You CANNOT do Mythic raiding ONLY. We will be (as we have always done) tracking attendance - we see you.
- Minimum ilvl of 241 (Mythic SoD drops 252).
- All gear must have max enchants/gems that are appropriate for your class/spec.
- Must bring all consumables. This includes food/flask, armor kits, oils/stones, dps/healing potions, augment runes and vantus runes for use at RL’s request.
- Requires a Rank 6 legendary for your spec that is recommended for raiding.
- On average for “target dummy” fights ie Guardian, DPS of 7k+ is required.
- Demonstrated mechanical knowledge in Heroic fights and knowledge of Mythic mechanics before entering raid. Do your raid homework.
- Viable off specs for Tanks/Healers with understanding that you may be swapped out for another mythic raider if fight requires it (whether for higher dps requirement or a class needed for fight, more or less healers etc.)
- No main swaps will be made. Pick a toon and stick with it.
- All raid rules from our Heroic raids still apply if they are applicable.
- You must be using a viable covenant for your spec.
- You should have your Domination Shard bonus, and the shards used in those slots should be maxed.
- Instead of using the buggy in-game calendar we will use a Google spreadsheet for the rosters.
- There is a strict 20 man requirement for Mythic raiding.
- We plan to announce the set 20 man team that will go into Mythic no later than by the end of each Thursday night.
- Higher attendance will get higher priority. We cannot plan a Mythic raid when we do not know who is going to show up every week. This means please still let us know if you are not available and please try to have your main ready to go if you are needed.
- If you cannot make the raid - whether assigned to a roster that week or not - we need to know. If you are on the roster, we’ll know we have an open spot to share with another Raider. If you’re not, we’ll be aware that we cannot call on you that week to fill a spot.
Sign ups will be here, on the forums (yes we in fact have those…)
You will reply to the sign-up post in the below format:
Forum Name - Toon Name - MS - OS - Non viable spec(s)
Drinkythangs - Shiftythings - Guardian (MS) - Balance/Resto (OS) - Feral - not viable
Please try and be patient with us as Mythic raiding is always a casual endeavor, but one we attempt to make as fair and successful as possible. We are not perfect, nor do we expect you to be either. We’re all here to have some fun, kill some bosses, and maybe get some lewts!
This is considered a separate roster from the Heroic roster - you can still use one main swap for the tier in Heroic (if you haven’t already done so). We expect that the toon you sign up for Mythic with will be your most geared, strongest toon that you have the most experience with. So this does mean you could be bringing a different toon to Heroic raid than you are bringing to Mythic raid.