Share Your Story!

Losing weight is tough. So often people try and fail and try again. Sometimes the hardest part of the journey to any goal is keeping motivated. Whether you’re trying to get fitter, gunning for a promotion, or on a mission to finally stop using your floor as a closet, staying on track can be tough. When the goal line is looking fuzzy in the distance, it can be super inspiring to revel in other people’s successes and be reminded that, yes, like them, you can do this.

Please take the time to share your story. We are here to support you in every way, shape and form.

1 Like

In the year of 2014 i started to work out through my Rig Manager at my place of work. I worked the Oil Rigs in Alberta Canada, so already thought i was pretty tough guy anyways. Little did i know that i was not. I started out by doing Beach Body’s INSANITY. I ended up after a couple of weeks trying it i was at work and i ended up hurting my self. Im sure it was due to the intense work out program that INSANITY was dishing out.

My injury consisted of the muscle along my back slacking off then some how wraping its self around my spinal cord then tightening up. I was layed up in bed unable to walk or move for a week. Had to go to physical therapy and chiropractor. Found that it was not really doing good for me so then i was told to go for a massage and that helped out alot. 3 weeks later i was back to work. For almost a year i was scared to work out in fear of getting hurt again.

January of 2015 i wanted to start working out again. We had my brother in laws weeding to go to in August and i wanted to lose some weight because i was going to see alot of old friends. i weighed in at 290 lbs. Due to me still being scared i wanted to really start off small so i looked into Beachbody once again.

I started out doing 10 Minute Trainer following its program for the first month i did 10 min every day, also changed my eating habits cutting out junk food and eating more healthier food. After the first month was over i did the program again but i did it twice a day for a month. After 2 months i weighed my self at 265 lbs.

Wanted to look for something more challenging so i went back to Beachbody and found FOCUS T25. I followed this program for the whole time and by the end of 2 months i weighed in at 245lbs.

Now that i was starting to slim down lossing 40 lbs in 4ish months i wanted to look into bulking up a bit and gain some muscle. Body Beast looked like a great lifting program to get into so i started doing that. But i hit a problem with lifting weights. Trying to be the cool guy and thinking i was all that i was grabbing heavy weights and found myself not being able to do the program to its fullest.

A real good thing to think about when lifting weights is that you really need to start of small. Do more reps to see how you can handle the weight. Never ever be upset or ashamed to fail or have to drop weights to something smaller.

Soooo… do to my frustration i decided to try something different and looked into P90X3. This had it all. Cardio, Weights, Bands, Streching, yoga and using your own body weight. This really assisted me in getting to know how to use weights and being stable at the same time. Trust me when i say yoga sucks… but it was so good for me in the end.

By the time August hit and i had to go to the wedding my total weight loss was from 290lbs down to 230lbs. 60 lbs loss in 7ish months. Let me tell you i had loads of energy and really felt good about going from 3x - 4x down to 1x clothing. Pant size from 48-46 to 40. I was so happy about my progress. But i wanted more.

I got back on the Body Beast and started off with smaller weights and worked my way up through out the program. Well i was doing this i tryed doing other work outs with it combining everything doing a work out in the morning and doing some sorta other workout in the afternoon (On my days off)

I also started training to start running. i was running 1-3 km a day for a month… Then i upped my game to do 2-5 km for a month… then on 2016 Canada day i ran my first 10k run clocking in at 1 hour 7 min. Also by this time i weighed in at 220 lbs.

The lowest weight i got down to was 212 lbs and it roughly took 2.5 years. It was an insane amount of hard work, focus and dedication. I struggled every day, week and month with trying to better my self. Always wanted to give up, never wanted to keep going forward… but i kept at it no matter how hard it was. Motivation from my wife was a great feeling to have. She always pushed me to keep at it.

Working out is 25% of losing weight. Eating was the hardest part for me. Going from 2-3 plates of food to 1 plate. Not eating junk food to eating healthy. Always grabbing a soda to just water.

I hope you all enjoy my journey and i hope it inspires people to come and talk to me about it and maybe gets them into working out.

List of Programs / Supplements / Equipment

Programs

Supplements

Equipment

3 Likes

I use the 24 hour fitness app, specifically the weight loss program and I love the customized wirkouts for cardio and weights