The Gamer's Kitchen

Often times gaming and cooking don’t go together. We have busy lives with work and family; that sometimes a healthy, home-cooked meal is sacrificed. Let’s share some of our favorite recipes here so that we can all start eating better again!

When I know I have a long day ahead of me with grad school work or just a busy day of gaming, I like to make a nice slow cooked pot roast because all I have to do is dump a bunch of ingredients together and it will be ready hours later! Here is a recipe similar to the one I use at home:

My favorite is 30 minute thai peanut chicken ramen, (stove top or instant pot) – flavorful and super easy, and a great departure from the normal rotation!

1 Like

Lazy Chicken Tortilla Soup in a Crockpot

In the Crockpot:
3 ~15 oz cans of your favortie kinds of beans (I like to do two black beans and a pinto)
1 ~10 - 16 oz bag or can of corn
3 ~10 oz cans of Rotel (Or any Diced Tomatoes & Green Chile mix)
1 ~16 oz jar of your favorite salsa
4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Dump the three cans of beans and the corn in the bottom of the crockpot
(rinse canned items first if you are watching your salt)
Add the chicken breasts on top of the beans
Cover the chicken breasts with rotel and salsa
Make sure there is enough fluid to cover the chicken breasts. If not you can add chicken broth or water until they are covered.

Cook on low for at least 6 hours (you can let it go all day without harming it at all)
We usually do it overnight, so I haven’t tried cooking on high but from online recipes 3 to 4 hours is recommened.

Before serving, scoop the chicken out of the pot and shred it. It should shred easily with a fork. Add shredded chicken back to pot and stir.
Note: If you used 6 chicken breasts, you may not want to include all the chicken meat in your soup. We usually cook 6 and set aside two of the cooked chicken breasts to use in tacos, burritos, or nachos.

For the eating part:
Top individual bowls with:
Shredded cheese (Fiesta style & colby jack what we usually use, but go with your favorite)
sour cream
Your favorite tortilla chips can be used as a topping or enjoyed on the side (Hubby likes to treat his soup bowl like a chip dip sometimes :P). For the chips, I like El Indio, but I think that’s local. Santitas is my favorite if I can’t get El Indio.

The non-lazy version with dried beans involves pre-soaking and pre-cooking the beans but is otherwise pretty similar. You have to pre-cook your dried beans because all the tomatoes make the sauce acidic and cooking beans in an acidic sauce makes them tough.

2 Likes

IMG_3698

Sunshine squash with maple syrup.

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Cut squash into 8.
  3. Rub olive oil over squash
  4. Cook one side for 45 minutes
  5. Flip and cook the other side for 45 minutes. (More time might be necessary if it isn’t soft)
  6. Drizzle maple syrup for taste.
1 Like

Received Asian Pears in my CSA delivery this week and so these became part of an Asian Pear Maple Crisp! Super easy and quite tasty, especially since I hadn’t had asian pears before. (As you can see in the background I also received fig jam)

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/ebfulham/p/4c54fba9-aec6-43e1-8b6a-50615a46241c

1 Like

IGN has a sneak peak of the official Elder Scrolls cookbook, done by the same authors of the WoW, GoT, Hearthstone, and Fallout cookbooks:

2 Likes
Cannot wait to use this

testing I suck at this lol

KETO CHEESY TACO SKILLET RECIPE

Ease of Preparation: Easy

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cooking Time: 15 Minutes

Total Time: 25 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

Optional for Garnish/Toppings:

• 1 Bunch Green Onion (Sliced)
  • Iceberg Lettuce (Shredded)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Prep the Vegetables by Dicing them all into bite-size pieces or smaller.
  2. In a Large Skillet over Medium-High Heat brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef.
  3. When the meat is browned add in the Yellow Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, and Zucchini then stir and cook for a few minutes.
  4. Next add in the Cherry Tomatoes and Jalapeno Pepper then stir and cook for a couple minutes before adding in the seasoning.
  5. For the seasoning you could use your own preferred Taco Seasoning, but we like to use a mix of Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Dried Oregano, and a little bit of Pink Himalayan Salt. So many of the packaged Taco Seasonings have added ingredients like Dextrose or MSG that are not so good for you to consume. By making the seasoning ourselves, we can be assured we know what is in it.
  6. Stir in the seasoning, and cook for about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
  7. Shred the Cheddar Cheese and sprinkle on top of the skillet mixture and allow to melt while the food is still very hot.
  8. Optionally you can garnish the dish with a topping of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Green Onions or even add things like Sour Cream on top to kick up the flavor to your liking. You can serve this as-is or even scoop it into some Iceberg Lettuce Leaves for some Keto Cheesy Taco Lettuce Wraps.

I made this for breakfast yesterday and it’s delicious. Topped my serving with lots of hot sauce. Can make ahead, and feed several people!

1 Like