First and Foremost
Blizzard did not make this easy for us. Just wanted to say that before you all started to read the information below. Please keep in mind that no system is ever going to please everyone but we feel it’s the best path for us moving forward into something new and exciting.
We hope that we have explained and laid out everything for you in a manner that you will understand and not get confused. Please if you are having problems to reach out and ask the questions via our Evolved Discord
Table of Content
Evolved Community Links
How Cross Faction Works
Cross-faction play was added to the game in Patch 9.2.5. and the feature allows you to play with players of the opposing faction, with some restrictions.
Cross-faction play with features mimicking same faction play is vastly limited to instanced content: Mythic+, Rated Battlegrounds, and raids (Legacy included).
- LFR, Normal and Heroic Dungeons, Arena Skirmishes, and Random Battlegrounds are not cross-faction. The same applies to outdoor content like World Quests.
- Certain instances with faction-specific content are not cross-faction. This includes Trial of the Champion, Trial of the Crusader, Vault of Archavon, Icecrown Citadel, Baradin Hold, Siege of Boralus, Battle of Dazar’alor, and Darkmaul Citadel.
Note that you can group up with members of the opposite faction in the open world, but the capabilities are extremely limited.
- In the open world, single-target resurrection does not work, however, Mass Resurrection works.
- In open-world content, you must be in a physical group to understand the other faction, being members of the same community isn’t enough.
- With War Mode enabled, you can group up and attack players of the opposite factions.
- Once you’re in an instanced group (dungeon/raid), you can do anything you would with members of the same faction. You will receive buffs, use multi-vendor mounts, trade gold and items if, on the same realm (Not cross server), you can only use neutral city portals,
You can’t just walk up to a random member of the opposite faction and invite them. The whole process has some prerequisites that you must do to make the feature work.
- To invite a member of the opposite faction to a group, you must be Battlenet Friends with them or a member of a Cross-Realm Community.
- Another way to group up with the opposite faction is through the Premade Group Finder. However, the leader can choose to restrict the group to the same faction.
Cross-faction play has some restrictions. In the following section we go through some of the most important ones:
- Once you’re in a cross-realm group, you can’t use the opposite faction’s portals. You can’t use their multi-vendor mounts, you can’t get buffed, or trade with them.
- The “/invite name” command works only if you’re Battlenet Friends with the other person or member of the same cross-realm community.
- You can summon members of the opposite faction to a dungeon, but you’ll need another member of your faction to do so. If there’s 1 Horde player and 4 Alliance players, you won’t be able to summon the other Horde players.
- You can send gold and items to your Alliance characters with your Horde character if they are on the same realm!
- You cannot send mail to other factions.
For vocal information on how this system works please watch the following video
What This Means For Evolved
We know that no matter how we handle this there are going to be some people upset. For this we are sorry. But we want to make the experience amazing for everyone so this is what we have come up with.
- Members wishing to play within our Cross Faction Community will have to have toons in Alliance (Proudmoore) and Horde (Area 52) Guilds.
CANNOT be on the same servers different factions or from any other servers.
- We know and understand that this might be costly for members looking to server transfer and/or faction change. If you want to level toons.
- Takes 8-12 hours (1-50)
- Takes 6-10 hours (50-60)
- There is various different ways to level as well. Make sure to look up the Cobalt Assembly fast leveling guides.
- If worried about gold, sell pets on opposite servers (check out Cata’s WoW Gold Guide on forums)
Events, Mythic Plus and Raiding
Being able to pull from 2 different guilds across 2 different factions should make it easier to find more like-minded people to do in-game activities with. Cross-faction really gives Evolved so much more potential for interaction and cooperation between our WoW guilds.
Are you interested in Transmog or Mount runs? We now have the ability to set up a day(s) for members to relax and go after different transmogs and mounts in various different raids and dungeons. (Anything we can walk into, we can Cross-Faction group!)
Do you like doing Mythic plus and pushing keys? Group up with Cross-Faction members through our Cross-Faction community - hang out and get to know Evolved members that you may not have had a chance to play with before. This should probably alleviate the M+ drought we can sometimes see in the group-finder on Alliance side.
Maybe raiding is what gets your adrenaline pumping? The thrill of having 15+ raiders working together to conquer harder content. Well with Cross-Faction we can recruit for both factions through recruitment which will assist our community with growing. There are just going to be a lot more options for everyone to figure out which guild they can do what in but staying with the faction they love.
Please note that all members will have to follow whichever Guild Charter applies as well as follow the raiding rules for which guild they declare their raiding toon. Only raiders from Alliance (Proudmoore) or Horde (Area 52) will have access to be able to raid within our community.
Communication is going to be a tricky thing. There will potentially be chat happening in the Alliance guild chat, the Horde guild chat, and the Cross-Faction community chat. That’s 3 opportunities for communication - but also means you won’t know what’s going on at all times. We ask that members use our Discord channels or Cross Faction chat so that members will not miss out on information.
The Alliance and Horde Leadership and Officers will be working together to make sure that the Community MOTD and Cross Faction Calendar are up to date in all 3 places (both guilds and in the community).
How to Join Evolved Cross Faction Community
We strive to bring our community closer together. With cross-faction integration, Blizzard has finally enabled our Horde and Alliance players to play together. To join our in-game cross-faction community called ‘Evolved Cross Faction’
- Only toons from the Alliance (Proudmoore) or Horde (Area 52) guilds will be given access to the community.
- Cannot be on the same servers different factions or from any other servers.
- Only toons from the above 2 guilds will have access.
- You are allowed to bring any amount of toons into the cross faction community for the time being.
Officers will be cross referencing there respective guilds.
Two Ways to join
We know that our members are always eager to join the Cross Faction Community. There is currently 2 ways you can do so. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully in order to gain access into our Cross Faction Community.
Ask In Discord
- Join the Evolved Discord
- Find the #WoW-Chat in the ‘WoW Cross Faction’ Category
- Type out looking for a invite and please provide toons name and server so the appropriate officer of that guild can invite you.
- EX. Hello there. Im currently looking for a invite to the Cross Faction Community. My Toons name is Catacwysm and im in the Area 52 Evolved Guild.
Now most people will tell you to utilize the Community Finder and do the method shown below. Which is great cause then Leadership will get to you when they can. But maybe you did that but you did not provide your Discord Account Name (Name#1234) or Evolved Nickname in the note.
If this has happened please do the following:
- Explain in #WoW-Chat that you did that but forgot to read and follow the instructions and now you are on a 3 day cool down and need a manual invite by an Officer
Join Via Community Finder
- Open up Community Finder
- Change filter to ‘Cross Faction’ and search ‘Evolved’
- Check picture below for assistance.
- Fill out the note with the proper information other wise you will NOT gain access to the community.
- Discord Account Name (Name#1234), or
- Evolved Forum Name/Evolved Discord Nickname
Once In Community
- Once in Evolved Cross Faction please set your member note with,
- Discord Account Name (Name#1234), or
- Evolved Forum Name/Evolved Discord Nickname
Officers will be going through the community and cross referencing to make sure proper toons are in the community as well as members that have left are removed from the community. If you are having problems please let us know. The system is being wonky and we might have to invite you manually.
If Community chat wont show up in your chat window. You will need to do the following to add it and change colour. Fun pictures to also assist.
- Open Community Window
- Click ‘Add to Chat Window’
- Make sure General is checked
- Some times when logging in it wont show chat. You might have to repeat above to get it to work.
- Open chat settings
- Click ‘Channels’
- Change Colour